A quick recap
Keep in mind a company secretary will assist you in understanding and being compliant with the companies Act of Botswana and this is the way they will ensure this.
- They are responsible to the board of the company for preparation of all post incorporation notices including annual returns and changes.
- They are also responsible to the board of the company for issuing all notices of meetings and respond to all enquirers in relation to notices of meetings.
- They maintain a register of shareholders, directors and secretaries.
- They ensure together with the directors, that the company keeps accounting records.
- They maintain an adequate system of record keeping.
A company secretary performs an important role in your business; make sure to keep them engaged with your plans for your company. A good company secretary keeps you up to date with the changes in compliance requirements by the companies act and the Companies and Intellectual Property Authority.
Do you want a company secretary?
Do you need a company secretary and other secretarial services? We provide secretarial solutions to help your business grow and succeed. Contact us below.